
Gary, Charlie and Dad worked the chute. I must say, this was the smoothest round-up I have witnessed at home. It was nice to see the men in our family working together! I think others might call it male-bonding.

Jason is no longer a virgin rancher. He got broke in quick during his first visit the farm. He and his wife, Julie, are friends of Charlie and Val....I hope we didn't scare them to bad and that they will come back. They are great people.

Branding LR, Or as the kids know of it as a tatoo. I don't think either of them will be in a hurry to get one.

Steve & John helped get the cows through the pens to the chute.

I don't know who it is harder for the cows or the people. Their is something intriguing yet, ill feeling about round up day's. The sound of the cows and calves bawling, the smell of burnt skin and hair, the blood that squirts out from dehorning and the removal of rocky mountain oysters. But along with all of that comes a backwards rush of adrenaline...that moves you through the torment of it all. The normality of it for some, the inhumanity for others, the spectators and those who give in...the living creature who does not belong to us, but belongs to God...He gives to us....Love Ranch liFe 101
2 comments:
Love all the updates sis!
Carhart overall's...
I never thought I'd see the day to see Steve in overall's...
Post a Comment