Sunday, January 11, 2009

Coming home from Florida

Our kids like chocolate ice cream. They even asked for another.


Silence traveling home!
We got into the routine of reading books in the morning, then listening to audio books, next lunch time at the roadside park, then they could watch a movie on the laptop in the afternoon. It took us two 12 hour days of driving home...We went home a different way thinking it would be faster...Lesson learned...


Our first day of driving back home was a sick day for me. We stopped at a Med stop for antibiotics and a steroid shot to help my throat. My throat was so swollen I started having difficulty breathing. Steve drove all day. I slept and got to look out the window. I was much better the next day and able to drive. We talked about our goals for 2009 on the way home...I think Steve preferred the solitude of the first day. Oh well, we need a map to get where we are going.

No comments: