Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Family time in Keystone

This was my favorite part of the trip. Just sitting around the table as a family every evening was wonderful. We ate some good food for supper, Chili Dogs, Chicken Enchiladas, Spaghetti & Leftovers. It was so nice to to talk about everyone's day.
Girls whipping it up in the kitchen. So the running joke of the trip....was BREAD! I was responsible for getting enough bread for the trip, because we have a Wonderbread clearance store at our home. We traveled with 2 hot dog buns, 2 jumbo Hamburger buns, 2 sandwich packages...Steve and Grandpa John tried to leave the bread at home...but Grandma Sharon, found room for it. We had bread under the seats, in the front window, on the console. What on earth were we going to do with all of this bread? EAT IT! And we did...I made sure of it...no way we were coming home with it.
We took the free shuttle from our condo to downtown Keystone. Walked around in the cool evening and watched some night skiing. The kids loved riding the shuttle. Notice we are on pavement...this is usually covered in snow.
Steve made our fire every night. He and the kids gathered wood. How nice it was to warm up to a fire. I must say, I enjoyed watching my man stoke the fire!

No comments: