Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hiking the Savage River

Their was an awesome trail behind our condo along the Savage River. In the summer it is a bike trail. We had planned to snow shoe it, but no need. It was packed down enough to walk in our boots.
Did you know that the Aspen trees are the largest living organism, because their roots grow together forming large groves. What an awesome Creator!

Grandma Sharon, Olivia & I enjoyed our hike in the woods. We all three love the outdoors. We loved building memories with family. Not only does Grandma like hiking, but she is a professional sledder, too. The mountain doesn't have anything on Grandma. Looking forward to next year. (Wish I had a pic of Grandma sledding.)

Olivia was such a trooper. I am sure she will be hiking "fourteeners" soon.

Here are the pans the kids went sledding on, until we got real sleds. What a good imagination and awesome improvisation. They were not taken no for an answer.

No comments: